Sensing Edges can be used in hundreds of applications because they are so varied in height, width and length.
What is a Sensing Edge?
A Sensing Edge is a touch sensitive switch that sends a signal to start, stop or reverse a motor or even to ring a bell. Since they typically operate on 24 volts, the possibilities for applications are endless.
Where can Sensing Edges be used?
Anywhere that you want a simple touch to send a signal! Common applications include:
- Leading edge of a motorized door or gate
- Along the length of a conveyor as an e-stop
- On the bumper of an AGV (automatic guided vehicle)
- As pinch point protection on various machine applications
We manufacture a several basic mounting types:
- Direct mount
- Slide in: extrusion with mounting channel
- Custom Solutions